Azariah: Whom Jehovah helps.
1. Son of Ethan, of the tribe of Judah
(1 Chronicles 2:8)
2. Son of Ahimaaz, who succeeded his grandfather Zadok as high
(1 Chronicles 6:9; 1 Kings 4:2) in the days of Solomon. He officiated at
the consecration of the temple
(1 Chronicles 6:10)
3. The son of Johanan, high priest in the reign of Abijah and Asa
(1 Chronicles 6:10,11)
4. High priest in the reign of Uzziah, king of Judah
(2 Kings 14:21)
(2 Chronicles 26:17-20) He was contemporary with the prophets Isaiah,
Amos, and Joel.
5. High priest in the days of Hezekiah
(2 Chronicles 31:10-13) Of the house
6. Several other priests and Levites of this name are mentioned
(1 Chronicles 6:36; Ezra 7:1; 1 Chronicles 9:11; Nehemiah 3:23) etc.
7. The original name of Abed-nego
(Daniel 1:6,7,11,16) He was of the
royal family of Judah, and with his other two companions
remarkable for his personal beauty and his intelligence as well
8. The son of Oded, a remarkable prophet in the days of Asa
(2 Chronicles 15:1) He stirred up the king and the people to a great