Nave's Topical Bible
The following is the results of your search for Elijah.
|Easton's Bible Dictionary|
- 1. The Tishbite, a Gileadite and prophet, called ELIAS in the
King James Version of the N. T.
- Escapes to the wilderness, where he is miraculously fed by ravens
(1 Kings 17:1-7)
- By divine direction goes to Zarephath, where he is sustained in the household of a widow, whose meal and oil are miraculousiy increased
(1 Kings 17:8-16)
- Flees to the wilderness of Damascus; directed to anoint Hazael king over Syria, Jehu king over Israel, and Elisha to be a prophet in his own place
(1 Kings 19:9-21)
- MIRACLES OF
- PROPHECIES OF
- The plague sent as a judgment upon the people in the time of Jehoram, king of Israel
(2 Chronicles 21:12-15)
- 2. Also called ELIAH
- 3. A post-exile Jew
More From ChristiansUnite...
About Us |
ChristiansUnite.com Site Map |
Statement of Beliefs
Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the