Nave's Topical Bible
The following is the results of your search for Church and state.
Church and state:
- ECCLESIASTICAL POWER SUPERIOR TO CIVIL
- STATE SUPERIOR TO RELIGION
- Solomon, in thrusting Abiathar out of the high priest's office
(1 Kings 2:26,27)
- Solomon, in overshadowing the ecclesiastical in building the temple, and officiating primarily in the dedication, intercessory or priestly prayer, pronouncing the benediction, etc(1 Kings 5:8)
- STATE FAVORABLE TO RELIGION
- Darius, in his edict furthering the restoration of the temple
- Artaxerxes, in exempting priests, Levites, and other temple functionaries from taxes
- See GOVERNMENT
- See TAX
More From ChristiansUnite...
About Us |
ChristiansUnite.com Site Map |
Statement of Beliefs
Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the